This is the second recipe, made from scratch, thanks to my hubby’s ingredients.
- Beef strips
Lime Tuna Eggs
Since one of the ingredients was beer, I looked for a wheat- free beer in the supermarket but I couldn’t find it. I found a beer made from barley and chestnuts. Really strong and beautiful flavour. Here is a list of beers from wheat-free.org.
Since the mustard apples give the beef a hint of sweetness, make sure to serve this recipe with salad or vegetables that have a mild taste, such as tomatoes, salads etc.
I fell in love with mustard fruit, eer since I tasted it at the bitro NOBILE in Milan (they served these fruits along a salad with beef and chicken).
Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Ps: some new events on the way. Stay tuned to have the latest news.
Beef strips with Beer and Mustard Apples
By July 11, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Beef, beer and mustard apple based.
- 300 g Beef cut into strips
- 1 Beer wheat free, bottle
- 3 Shallots sliced lengthwise
- 2 bunch Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup Basil fresh
- 4 slices Mustard Apples cut in cubes
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 3 tbsp Olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp Chestnut flour
- Warm a pan with 2 tbsp of oil. Once warm throw in the beef strips, cook very well for about 5 minutes and add the shallots and the rosemary sprig and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Put the beef, onion and rosemary aside on a plate. Put the pan back on the fire and add the chestnut flour. Add half bottle of beer. Let the alcohol evaporate and add the mustard apple. Let it cook for about 5 minutes and throw back the beef that you set aside. Mix well, turn off the flame and cover with a lid.
- Wash well the cherry tomatoes and the basil leaves. Cut the tomatoes in half and cut the basil leaves. Mix them well with 1 tbsp of oil and season with salt.
- Serve the beef with the tomato salad.
- Course: Main Dish
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress