Thanks to my hubby, I discovered Foodbuzz. And thanks to Foodbuzz I am able to connect with a lot of people, all around the world,who share the same passion for food and cooking.
I connected with Abby, Manila Spoon, I have to say that I love her recipes and so I decided to try.
I made her Salmon on a bed of Caramelized Onion. I used fennel seeds instead of dill weed, as in Italy you don’t always find herbs that aren’t typically Italian herbs (basil, parsley, mint etc).
We loved it, it’s a perfect match and makes a wonderful dinner for two.
Source: Manila Spoon
Salmon with Caramelized Onions
By July 17, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
Salmon and onion based
- 4 Salmon filets
- 4 Onions white or yellow
- 2 tbsp Wine white
- 3 tbsp Olive oil extra virgin
- Fennel seeds
- Slice the onions and saute them in a pan with the 2 tbsp of oil. Saute them until they become brown (about 15 minutes). Then set them aside.
- I prefer seasoning meat and fish at the end and not before cooking them. But feel free to do so. Return the same pan on the stove, add 1 tbsp of oil and cook the salmon 2/3 minutes per side. Put aside the salmon and season with the fennel seeds, salt and pepper.
- Bring back the onions to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes and add the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate. Season the onion with salt and pepper.
- Serve the salmon on top of the onions.
- Course: Main Dish
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress