Our Daring Cooks’ September 2012 hostess was Inma of la Galletika.
Inma brought us a taste of Spain and challenged us to make our very own delicious Paella!
I made a vegetarian paella, because we don’t eat certain types of seafood and I didn’t add peas as we don’t mix legumes with cereals.
I loved this challenge as it was the first time I made the Paella. We enjoyed very much.
I am also eager to try the other participants’ recipes, especially the one with quinoa as a replacement of rice.
News: I just sent my Australian Working Holiday Visa Application. I will let you know!
By September 16, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
Our Daring Cooks’ September 2012 hostess was Inma of la Galletika. Inma brought us a taste of Spain and challenged us to make our …
- 1 Onion white, chopped
- 1 Garlic crushed
- 1 Carrot chopped
- 1 Zucchini chopped
- 1 Fennel chopped
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Olive oil extra virgin
- 2 cups Rice
- 3 cups Water
- 8 Saffron threads
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Thyme dried
- 3 Bay leaves dried
- Put the saffron threads in a cup of warm water.
- Heat the oil in a big pan on a medium heat.
- Add the onion and the garlic. Sautee for a few minutes.
- Add each ingredient starting from the one that takes longer to cook and sautee each for 2 minutes before adding the next ingredient.
Add the carrot, the fennel, the zucchini and the mashroom.
- Add the rice and mix all the ingredients well. Add the salt and thyme.
- Add the saffron threads along their colored water. Add the remaining cups of water. Put the bay leaves in the pan.
- Once the water begins to boil lower the heat and don't stir anymore. Just wait for the water to be absorbed.
- Course: Main Dish
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress